Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Do I need to program my new dishwashers When I turn it on

Do I need to program my new dishwashers? When I turn it on the lighted indicated says 132 minutes...? What does this mean ? As I scroll down to the other settings, the number gets less but still seems like a huge amount of time to wash. Can you help me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

You can't program your dishwashers, and 2 1/2 hours is the normal run time of these units for a regular cycle. It may seem like a long time (which it is) and it may seem like it's using a lot of energy and water, but it's not. It's like a marathon runner vs. a sprinter, the sprinter uses up all his energy in less than a minute but a marathon runner can use less energy over a longer period of time. It's counter intuitive but that is just how these units are designed.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'd like to withdraw my $29.00 deposit because I think I will rethink this dishwasher .
Please confirm.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
you can definitely get a new dishwasher, that's completely up to you, the answer is correct reguardless.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You didn't answer my question about my deposit. Will you please?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
unfortunately I have no power to do that and the answer was correct so I'm not sure why you would want it back since I answered the question you asked and it was correct.