Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician

I have a Whirlpool double oven GBD307PDS09. During self cleaning

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool double oven GBD307PDS09. During self cleaning top oven, the oven died...display is blank and top oven locked. Tech came out, took a very close look (no multimeter, etc.) and basically said teh control panel needed to be replaced. He checked and said that the whirlpool part is discontinued (backordered to 2020?) and that I basically needed to replace the oven. Before spending $2000+ I want to be sure there is not something else I should be looking at. I tried tripping circuit breaker in the garage but no luck. Am I in for an expensive week?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 5 years ago.
Theres a fuse behind the control board. Have him check it for continuity..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I know that...sorry. If the fuse shows continuity (he's obviously not here to check right now) and the issue is truly the circuit board, does it exist or is my only recourse to replace the entire oven?
Oh sorry since you did not inform me you knew that I guess thats why I advised you. If the fuse is good the board is NLA no longer available. You can send the timer to appliance timers .com they will rebuild it.

Pressing accept pays me for my time.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks...that is what I figured. Ok, one last question and I will accept the answer because I appreciate your time...just never have used this so I will wait till i here back so I don't lose this link to you after accepting.

Plan of action then is:

1. check to see if fuse is good

2. if it is, then board is bad and cannot be replaced but can be rebuilt (are they pretty fast?...days/weeks/months?)

3. if it is bad, place to start is with a replacement that readily available to order somewhere (source and p/n?).

Thanks so much for giving me hope that I may not have to replace teh whole unit...I will "accept" once I hear back from you as I do appreciate your time.

If the fuse is good, the boar is bad. They are fairly fast two weeks turn around.

Sears will stock the part. Take the model number to them they will look the part up for you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks...hopefully this works.

Yes your very welcome.