John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I just installed a new controller in my GE LSP26. When I tuned

Customer Question

I just installed a new controller in my GE LSP26. When I tuned the power on the controller flashes "Locked Door" and locks the door then the door unlocks with the "Locked Door" light flashing. If I try push the "Bake" button the display says "door".

What might be going on here?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

The latch lock assembly is operated by a motor with a switch attached to detect the door latch position during the self clean cycle. The switch on yours is in the 'closed position, when it should be in the 'open' one. If you're unable to start a self clean cycle from the control panel, and let it run the complete cycle(about three hours), you'll need to remove the side panel, where the latch assembly is located, and change the switch position by manually powering the motor terminals.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

While your answer was logical and does make sense it did not fix the problem. it will not allow me to run the cleaning mode. for some reason the Locked Door overrides everything. At this point I have a repairman coming to take a look at it and see if it can even be fixed. Might be time for a new oven and range.

Thank you anyway!

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

You're welcome.