John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

i have a delfield com freezer will not freeze service tec

Customer Question

i have a delfield com freezer will not freeze service tec put new freon in it stilldont work he told me comp is to small it goes up in temp then goes on defrost what do you think p.s he called delfield tec they told him it the wrong comp,thank you john what should i do
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

What type of freezer is it, walk in, reach in, or undercounter?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
reach in freezer
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

OK. Thank you. As a rule, refrigerators and freezers are reliable appliances. When problems arise, they're usually caused by condition outside the sealed system and its control circuitry.

If you have'nt already done it, check the surface of the condenser coil for a dust layer blocking the air flow through it. Vacuum any you find with a ShopVac. Check also to make sure the condenser air fan is clean and working properly. Dust and grease buildup on the fan blade will reduce air flow. Lastly, check for ice buildup on the evaporator coils.

All these conditions will reduce the units cooling capacity. In my opinion, the advice about needing a stronger compressor is erroneous. The original compressors are well designed, and have plenty of cooling capacity.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sorry john i forgot to tell you the comp was replaced in 09
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Does the replacement compressor have the same rating as the original?