Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.

My wife is having a problem with a neptune dryer. On the dashboard

My wife is having a problem with a neptune dryer. On the dashboard eveything is on the way it should be, exept the start button. Sometimes it will come on after a minute some times days. We have spent aproximatley $300.00 for a new board and it acts the same way. What else could it be? Thanks
Can you please give me the model number? It is located either on the back of the console or behind the door.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So it is just the start button on the panel that doesn't work?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, that is correct. It will not lite up to work as described above. the rest of the panel works as directed.
Just to be sure, because the service manual has all types of neptune dryers, this one is a full LCD, there is no membrane touch switch for the start button. Correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It does have a membrane touch switch. If you are referring to a "plastic bump" to push in order to start.

Yes that is what I am referring to. IF the control has been replaced, and you are still having this issue, the membrane touch pad needs to be replaced. It is a part of the console. attached is a link from where you can order the part. It is item one on the drawing.