Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
13279327

I purchased a home with a GE PLT083-2 drop in stove and oven.

Customer Question

I purchased a home with a GE PLT083-2 drop in stove and oven. The previous owners did not leave the manual for this stove. I want to clean the oven, but have no idea how to do it and would also like to order new drip pans and grates. How can I find the manual?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.
I can not find information on this model. Are you sure this is the full, correct number?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
where would I look on the stove for the model #? This is a drop in model. The number I furnished you with was on the oven door.
Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.
IF you open the door, it can be on the frame around the oven cavity. It can also be on the frame behind the drawer on the bottom if this model has one.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for the hint. I pulled out the drawer and found model #JGSP20GEP1BG.

I'm a little iffy on the J though. Does this help? I also have a serial # XXXXX you need that.

Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.

Here is the owners manual

graphic

You can order parts for this oven at searspartsdirect.com. Just enter the model number you gave me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Jason: can you send the manual as a jpeg. What you've sent doesn't open.

Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.
OK, just give me a couple of minutes.
Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.
For some reason this is not working. If you send me your email address, I can send it to you that way.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
are you still working on the manual?
Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.
For some reason, I can not attach a pdf here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My email address is:

XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

I'll open my email and let you know if I receive and can open it.

Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.
It just came to me as X's. Can you separate the letters of the email address with spaces. I am sorry this is so difficult.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
j b e y l u n d @ y a h o o . c o m
Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.
Just sent it.
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Jason:

I received it, downloaded and now can save and print it out. Thank you so much for your time. This was certainly worth the price, really do appreciate it.

Jeanie Beylund
Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.
No problem. Thanks for your patience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I haven't received verification that my payment went through, but I did add a tip for you.
Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.
IT did go through. Thank you so much.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You're so very welcome!
Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.
If you ever need any other assistance, please let me know.