Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Bosch dishwasher quit running in the middle of cleaning

My Bosch dishwasher quit running in the middle of cleaning cycle. It shows no power. I have checked the circuit breaker and it is OK. I have plugged other items into the outlet and they work. Does the dishwasher have a reset button?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your control board is just shorted for one reason or another and the control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced.