Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag Bravos 300 Quiet Series dryer that will not

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Bravos 300 Quiet Series dryer that will not start. The Start / Pause light is blinking, and the bell chimes when you press it. But that's all that happens. There are no error codes showing, and all the lights are working normally. We were recently without power, and using a generator. I don't know if I possibly shorted out something. If so....What?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the button is beeping when you push the start button and it's blinking, that means that your dryer doesn't think your door is shut. Be sure the door is securely shut and if so, open the door and flick the door switch a few times to see if you can get it working again. If not, then the door switch will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have a Maytag Bravos 300 Quiet Series dryer that won't run. I replaced the door switch as diagnosed by your experts, and it still won't run.

Optional Information:
Make: Maytag
Model: Bravos 300 Quiet Series

Already Tried:
Checked the breaker. Replaced the door switch. I have power (all lights come on), but the Start / Pause button just blinks. It chimes when you touch it.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
it's still acting like the door isn't shut. If the door switch is new and the door is definitely shut, you have a bad control board because it isn't reading the door switch correctly.