Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

MODLE # XXXXX Refridgerator Stopped cooling, remained

MODLE # XXXXX Refridgerator: Stopped cooling, remained running. Changed the Defrost Timer Kit. Still runs but does not cool.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Is the freezer and refrigerator getting warmer? Why do you think there is a defrost problem exactly?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

A few years ago we had the same problem and the timer fixed the problem and the tech. told us that it could happen again soon. So I went with trying the same repair and it did not work.

I don't think it gets hotter then normal temps. It just does not cool. but seems to be running normal no weird noises or anything..

ok well if the unit is running and you can hear the fans running but it's not cooling, you have something going on with your sealed system. This means that your compressor is bad or it's overloading and cutting out. It will turn off for a few minutes and then try again over and over. Pull the refrigerator forward and unplug the refrigerator. Remove the lower back access panel and locate your large black round compressor. There is a small plastic box attached to the side of the compressor with several wires going into it. This is your overload relay. Pull the overload relay off the compressor and shake it. If it rattles, then it needs to be replaced. If it doesn't rattle, then you likely have a bad compressor and you'll need to call a technician in order to replace the compressor.