Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a GE Profile microwave, JE2160. I used it the other

I have a GE Profile microwave, JE2160. I used it the other day for 5 minutes on high - removed the food. I went to put it in for more cooking, but the microwave was dead - no clock, numbers or interior light. What;s up with that? I pulled it out of the wall and checked the power supply, but that's fine. Any thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

The problem is the internal fuse has blown, this is located inside the aperture behind the control board, replace the fuse and you should be all set.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how do I remove the control board?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Take the vent out from along the top of the door, once this is off you will see the screws holding the control panel in place. Take the screw out and drop the control panel out, You should see the fuse near where the power cord enters the unit.

Because you did not supply the whole model number not sure if this one has the vent at the top, if it is a counter top model the screws around the back lip should be removed and the chassis should be taken off to access the fuse.