Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

New GE stove. Having trouble with oven and broiler converting

New GE stove. Having trouble with oven and broiler converting to LP. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Your problem is very simple, the orifice is not tightened down far enough. I know you say it's snug, but it's still not tight enough. Tighten it down further and use a lot of force. Once you think it's as far as it can go, try the burner again. If the flame is still too large and yellow, turn it off and tighten again. It will be instant once it's tightened down far enough.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It just turns now. It may be stripped can I back it off and redo tighten it or change out.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
then you just need a new oriface. The one they gave you is faulty if it stripped out and it's still not down far enough.