Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years experience appliance repair and installation

My dishwasher (KUDE40FXSS0) does not show any highlighted buttons

Customer Question

My dishwasher (KUDE40FXSS0) does not show any highlighted buttons on the control panel located on top of the door. The last DW session was completed ok. I have tried to use the control lock - none of buttons work. I checked to see if any item was blocking - checked to see if a fuse was blown. I am at a loss. please help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Neilwill replied 2 years ago.

Neilwill :

Hello, Thank you for using JustAnswer! If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know.

Neilwill :

None of the Buttons are lite or responding?

Customer:

Are you checking my problem?

Neilwill :

I'm asking for details. You say the top control lights are not lit and the buttons do not respond. Is this correct?

Neilwill :

The machin will not start?

Customer:

that is correct

Neilwill :

Okay give me a minute or two to gather the info to send you.

Neilwill :

You have a Bio Metal thermal fuse that may be bad inside the machine.

Neilwill :

I'll get the parts and diagrams for you. Please be patient a few minutes.

Customer:

where is that located?

Neilwill :

From the description you give I suspect the bi-metal fuse has blown. If the fuse blows then there will be no lights or display.

Even with a bad door switch there would still be lights on the console.

The bi-metal (thermal fuse) can be accessed by removing the console. See the images below for help with this.

Remember to turn the power off to the dishwasher first.

The bi-metal can be checked for continuity with a meter if you have one available and know how to use it. The bi-metal can also be checked by bypassing it with a small piece of insulated wire.

With the power off remove the two wires from the bi-metal and join them together with a small piece of insulated wire. When the power is turned back on you should have lights and display.

Replace the bi-metal immediately and do not try and catch up on the dishes with the bi-metal bypassed.

Neilwill :

I'm getting pictures and diagrams for you now!

Neilwill :

This fuse is #3 in the diagram below.

Neilwill :

Full Size Image

Neilwill :

The bi-metal (thermal fuse) can be accessed by removing the console.

Neilwill :

Full Size Image

Neilwill :

Full Size Image

Neilwill :

here are all the diagrams you will need to open and find the, bi-metal (thermal fuse)

Neilwill :

Good?

Neilwill :

Are you there??

Customer:

Yes, printing diagrams - thank you

Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 10 years experience appliance repair and installation