Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a Whirlpool duet front loading automatic washer that

I have a Whirlpool duet front loading automatic washer that began making a clicking noise (like coins in the washing drum). The noise is getting louder particularily when it is at high speed spin in the cycle. It seems to be still working properly but I don't know if I can continue to use it or if I should call a repair man. I checked to make sure it was still sitting level and it is.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

The likely problem is a coin got caught in the drain filter inside the pump or a hair clip got caught in the pump, You can continue to use the machine as this is not a big deal.

To get rid of the problem take the panel out from under the door

Once the panel is out you will see the pump, built into the pump there is the drain filter, Unscrew the drain filter and clean it out. Also check inside the pump for a hair clip or under wire from a bra, Clear anything out you find and you should be all set.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort.

Please also remember you can come back at any time after accepting for additional assistance if needed.

Please don't leave feedback until we have totally finished our diagnosis or you have attempted the repair first since negative or neutral feedback can not be changed after.