Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

My icemaker on my Kitchen Aid refrigerator is not making ice.

My icemaker on my Kitchen Aid refrigerator is not making ice. I can feel ice in the slots, but it's not ejecting the ice into the bin.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. Click the pictures to enlarge them.

Open the freezer and look to the right. That light pictured below should be blinking 2 times and then a pause and repeat. The one that is labeled status LED.

View Full Image

Then if you push the lever on the left keeping your hand and arm low the light should turn solid. Is that happening?

View Full Image

Try to feel the ice maker, are your ejector blades in about the same position as the picture below?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The ejector blades seem to be in a bit more erect postition than the picture. When I depress the lever on the left, the light still continues to blink.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.
Make sure your not blocking the infrared beam that goes across or covering the small hole in the part you are pressing. Try wiping off the sensor on both sides and if you still do not get a solid light unplug the refrigerator for 10 minutes and see if it will reset. Then if it does check it several times becasue sometimes it resets for a few minutes and then trips again. Take your time there is no rush, I will be here.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's still blinking. Tried to reset it twice with no success.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.
Those parts need replaced. The instructions are below.

Follow the instructions to change the parts. You should get an instruction sheet just like the one linked above. Make sure you unplug the refrigerator before you start and once your done plug the refrigerator in. Once the freezer gets cold again the ice maker will start to cycle. (NNN) NNN-NNNN is the factory part number and that is a set. Both parts. You can shop locally and I have linked you to one place online that sells those parts.