Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician

I have a Fisher paykel ecosmart GWL11 washer. No power as

I have a Fisher paykel ecosmart GWL11 washer. No power as of yesterday. Replaced the pump a year ago it looks ok. How do I run diagnostics with a meter? Thanks in advance
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 2 years ago.

Open the control panel,two screws on end. Once up check the green harness with the unit plugged in. The two wires inside the harness should have 110v coming right from the wall. If they do which im sure they will the control needs to be replaced. if they do not, you have a outlet power issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
just realized my meter is jammed. Will need to get new one tomorrow. What setting should I have the meter on? While I am at it are there any other parts I should be checking with the meter?
You would need to have it on AC voltage setting. Nope check the wires I said if voltage is present the control is bad if not the outlet is bad:)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i finally received he new motor board and replaced according to directions. Washer fills, but basket does not turn and does not agitate. Please advise.
You would need to program the board. pressing accept would pay me for my time helping you with the first issue thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I programed according to directions. could it be something else?
No. Pressing accept pays me for my time.
Experience: Factory Trained CFC Technician
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
i have followed steps for replacement and not getting washer to work. there seems to be something else but expert says there is not,.
Expert:  Peter replied 2 years ago.

Hi, my name is Peter. I am eager to help you solve your appliance problems.

When the washer fills, how much water is in the tub when it stops?

Does the water recirculate into the tub from the top right corner of the tub?

Do you hear a humming sound after the water stops filling the tub?

Thank you for the information.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Peter, the washer seemed to fill to the appropriate level according to the size setting. It was set on a hot wash and filled with hot water. and it did recirculate. Once it did not agitate and turn, I stopped the cycle. I didn't notice if there was a hum at the time. I started it up again tonight setting the water level higher. Now it seems as though only cold or cool water was filing. There did seem to a slight hum while filing, but hard to tell with the noise form the fill. There was no recirculation this time. I placed it on pause to take phone call when I restarted the there fill, it stopped and there was a loud click under the panel. Now there is no power. I checked the new motor fuse and it seems intact. Did I blow the new board? Thanks for your guidance, I'm very discouraged at this point.

MTD
Expert:  Peter replied 2 years ago.

Check the resistance on the pump. It should be 33 ohms. If that is good then check on the bottom of the tub and see if there is rust marks on the motor. Try turning the tub by hand, it should turn freely. Was the washer loud during the spin cycle recently?

Thank you for the info.