Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

Gibson Heavy Duty Commercial Freezer Model#FV21M8WXFC Keeps

Gibson Heavy Duty Commercial Freezer Model#FV21M8WXFC
Keeps everything frozen fine however the compressor seems to be running all the time...

Is there something that need to be replaced?
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

The whoosh is a good sound. That helps to seal the door and shows your door is sealing good.

If all of the shelves are frozen like they normally are the only thing that would keep your freezer running all the time is the temperature control. That is the part arrowed red in the diagram below and is the part attached to the control knob.

When you get your part unplug the freezer, there is electricity present on the control at all times so be sure to do that. While taking the old part off notice the tube that extends from the part. That is a pressured hollow tube. Its not really fragile but its not durable either and is not difficult to break or pinch when putting it back into the holder that holds it. So be as careful as you can with that.

The factory part number for that control isNNN-NN-NNNN You can shop at your local appliance parts dealer with that such as Sears for example or you can google that number online and order online.

That will take care of the problem. If you have questions please ask.