william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

My washer is showing a flashing F11. What does this mean

My washer is showing a flashing F11. What does this mean?
May i have the whole model number please? Thanks.

Thats ok i dont need it,heres the meaning of the code.

F11 Serial communication error Communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the Motor Control Unit (MCU) cannot be sent correctly.

Potential Causes

• Check Wire Harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and Central Control Unit (CCU)

• Check the Drive system for any worn or failed components
  • Check MCU
  • Check CCU
  • Check Motor
  • Check Wire Harness

Replace failed component.

Please press the accept button this is how im paid for helping you today. Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am an OAP not a trained engineer! None of the above means anything to me. Obviously I need to get an expert to come in person or I need a new machine.

Thanks anyway

Im sorry, but you asked what that fault code meant and i told you what you asked for. This is not a easy repair. So, yes you will need to get a technician to rule out which component is bad or you could even have a loose wire connection between the 2 control boards.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was hoping that it was something I could do by pushing some buttons - WRONG I guess. Not happy when I should obviously have called someone in start with. What a waste. I now have to pay a real person as well!