Appliance_Ray
Appliance_Ray, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Own and operate an appliance installation and service company.

I interrupted my Miele dishwasher (Model G892SCP)during a rinse

I interrupted my Miele dishwasher (Model G892SCP)during a rinse cycle and when I closed the door the intake/drain light came on flashing and the dishwasher stopped working.. I referred to the manual and checked the triple filter, the non return valve and the drain hoses everything seemed fine. This happened a few years ago and the service man (for a fee) just had to reset the light because everything he checked (that I just checked) was fine. Is there any way I am able to reset the valve without calling anyone. Also our garbage disposal is working fine as well.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance_Ray replied 2 years ago.
Hello, This is Ray, Do you still need help with this issue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes please
OK. This dishwasher has an appliance cord. It plugs into a receptacle. It may be plugged in under your sink. It would be a gray plug. If not, then find the circuit breaker in the circuit breaker box and turn it off for 1 minute. Check to make sure you have the correct circuit breaker. Sometimes they are mislabeled. Try this and tell me what happens
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I unplugged for over minute when came back on light still flashing
OK Give me a few minutes. I will check tech data and get back to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks

K we are going to access the dishwasher"s computer to determine the fault. Follow this steps

1. close door

2. turn on dishwasher. Start/Stop light should be blinking. If it is not blinking then press and hold the Start/Stop button for 3 seconds until it starts blinking

3. Turn Dishwasher off

4. Press and hold Start/Stop button while turning dishwasher on. Release Start/Stop button and immediately press it two more times.

4a. A flashing Intake drain and Salt light and a steady lit Rinse light indicate that you are in Service Mode.

5. Now tell me which "program" light is lit. And tell me if the "rinse" light is on steady or flashing

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
followed instructions carefully the stop/start button is flashing and the yellow "Sani Wash" is lit this is the cycle it was on when I opened the door
Is the Rinse light on steady or flashing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no

OK. Try entering into the service mode again and see if we can get the rinse light to do something for us. It can be a little tricky.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the red SALT light is flashing and the yellow rinse light is on (not flashing) interesting to note the wash cycle mode has switched to NORMAL PLUS

OK The computer indicates an F02 fault - NTC or Temperature sensing fault. Lets delete this fault from the computer. Follow this steps

1. close door

3. Turn Dishwasher off

4. Press and hold Start/Stop button while turning dishwasher on. Release Start/Stop button within 2 seconds.

4a. A flashing Salt light indicates that you are in Program Mode.

5. Now press the Start/Stop twice and turn the machine off.

Turn the dishwasher abck on and tell me what happens

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the start/stop light is flashing and the yellow sani wash light is on nothing else
Will the machine allow you to select a different program. Normal for example?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes

OK Lets start a "normal" wash cycle and see what happens now that we have deleted the fault code.

1. You should hear the drain pump turn on and run for approximately 30 seconds. Then it should turn off.

2. Next the intake valve opens and allows water to enter the machine..

3. When the intake valve is finished there is be a short pause in the action and then the circulation pump turns on and circulates the water through the spray arms.

Start a Normal wash program and tell me what happens.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ITS RUNNING! YAH! just sounds louder than normal but it is empty hopefully this was it and I cannot thank you enough!

You are an awesome dishwasher repair person. Thank you for allowing me to work with you on this issue
Experience: Own and operate an appliance installation and service company.