Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience

My GE washing machine doesnt drain all the water. Most of

My GE washing machine doesn't drain all the water. Most of it not all. Sometimes I have to run the spin cycle twice to get them drained enough to dry.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 2 years ago.
Hi welcome to just answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today with your problem.
Can you double check the model # XXXXX the washer. The one you sent does not work.

If this has been helpful please press accept.Smile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I am on a second floor my washer is in the basement. The model number says WDRR2500KWW. There is no other name besides GE on the washer. The manual has P587 don't know what that means.
Ok either the pump has a blockage or it has failed and needs to be replaced. To check for a blockage you need to remove the front panel. Use a putty knife inbetween the top and front. There are two clips about 3 inches in from the corners. Push in on them and remove the front panel. Then remove the hoses from the pump and clean it out. The pump is attached to the base of the washer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't get the front panel off. There must be a screw somewhere holding it. I am bending the metal trying to pry it open.

You need to push in on the clips. Look at this pic on the top of the front there are two dark spots that is where the clips are.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there was no blockage it must be the pump. Most of the water drains. Does it mean the pump is only working partially? Or is it the inertia of the spin is removing the water and the pump is just gone and needs replacement?
If there is no blockage then yes the pump is bad often the impeller will start to slip on the shaft. Replace the pump.

Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 years experience