Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

kenmore 795.78312.801 error FF. I know what error code it is.

kenmore 795.78312.801 error FF. I know what error code it is. I've checked voltage at the fan motor connecter.When you first power up the fridge the motor comes on for about 10 seconds then shuts off for a few then repeats this about 5 times before setting the code again. Is the third wire on the motor connecter a reference wire or current sence wire to tell the controller board that the motor is running ? Does it generate a signal or voltage to the controller ? How does the controller know when the fan is running ? How can I check this before condemming and buying a pricey controller board that might not fix the problem ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

you need to replace the evaporator fan motor, the control board senses the speed of the motor and if it shuts down the board senses that giving you the FF error, (freezer fan) you can order the fan @ for $48.00.