Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an AMANA F1961SS and need to replace the inside bulb.

I have an AMANA F1961SS and need to replace the inside bulb. What is the bulb number and how do I replace the bulb.

Thank you!

Gil Cohen
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

The lamp needs to be replaced by removing the outer cabinet or casing in order to get to this. It is part number 171 on this diagram, you must use extreme caution when taken the cabinet off because even when this unit is unplugged it can store a lethal amount of voltage and the high-voltage capacitor so you need to be very careful on what you touch inside the microwave , in order to get to it you need to remove the casing number 61 on this diagram you can order the part at the following link,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do I need any special tools and do I need to remove the microwave oven from the wall (enclosed wall space)
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Well on some of the amana microwaves they have special torx screws in the cabinet that are safety torx and are put on there so the average person doesn't open the microwave up, like I mentioned above it can be dangerous so they try to keep people from opening the cabinets, and yes the microwave will need to come out of the wall to get to the lamp, I can't be sure on the type of torx screws you have on yours some have a post in the middle of the screw preventing you from using a regular torx bit, so in other words you will need the torx bit with the hole in the middle, they do sell these at most auto parts store, just be careful when you open up the cabinet not to touch any electrical parts that you don't need to, thanks, Bryan