Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.
the problem is the electronic control itself. if you call Sears they have it in stock. heres a link to the part. control as far as techs go its best to check the BBB for complaints before calling someone. we see this a lot.
My husband is a design builder and is very skilled. Is this a repair that requires someone
Specialized in Jenn Air stoves? It was a big investment for us and we don’t want to sacrifice
Any warranty left on the oven.
is this still under warranty? heres the warranty info.
SECOND THROUGH FIFTH YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY ON CERTAIN COMPONENT PARTS
In the second through fifth years from the date of purchase, when this appliance is operated and maintained according to instructions
attached to or furnished with the product, Jenn-Air will pay for factory specified parts for the following components (if applicable to the
product) if defective in materials or workmanship:
ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM WARRANTY
This limited warranty does not cover:
1. Service calls to correct the installation of your major appliance, to instruct you on how to use your major appliance, to replace or
repair house fuses, or to correct house wiring or plumbing.
2. Service calls to repair or replace appliance light bulbs, air filters or water filters. Consumable parts are excluded from warranty
3. Repairs when your major appliance is used for other than normal, single-family household use or when it is used in a manner that is
contrary to published user or operator instructions and/or installation instructions.
4. Damage resulting from accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, fire, flood, acts of God, improper installation, installation not in
accordance with electrical or plumbing codes, or use of consumables or cleaning products not approved by Jenn-Air.
5. Cosmetic damage, including scratches, dents, chips or other damage to the finish of your major appliance, unless such damage
results from defects in materials or workmanship and is reported to Jenn-Air within 30 days from the date of purchase.
6. Any food loss due to refrigerator or freezer product failures.
7. Costs associated with the removal from your home of your major appliance for repairs. This major appliance is designed to be
repaired in the home and only in-home service is covered by this warranty.
8. Repairs to parts or systems resulting from unauthorized modifications made to the appliance.
9. Expenses for travel and transportation for product service if your major appliance is located in a remote area where service by an
authorized Jenn-Air servicer is not available.
10. The removal and reinstallation of your major appliance if it is installed in an inaccessible location or is not installed in accordance
with published installation instructions.
11. Major appliances with original model/serial numbers that have been removed, altered or cannot be easily determined. This warranty
is void if the factory applied serial number has been altered or removed from your major appliance.
The cost of repair or replacement under these excluded circumstances shall be borne by the customer.
DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF REMEDIES
CUSTOMER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR AS PROVIDED
HEREIN. IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE,
ARE LIMITED TO ONE YEAR OR THE SHORTEST PERIOD ALLOWED BY LAW. JENN-AIR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL
OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. SOME STATES AND PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF
INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LIMITATIONS ON THE DURATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS, SO THESE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES
YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR PROVINCE
If outside the 50 United States and Canada, contact your authorized Jenn-Air dealer to determine if another warranty applies.
If you need service, first see the "Troubleshooting" section of the Use & Care Guide. After checking "Troubleshooting," you may find
additional help by checking the "Assistance or Service" section or by calling Jenn-Air. In the U.S.A., call 1-800-688-1100. In Canada,
call 1-800-807-6777. 9/07
■ Electric element
■ Touch Pad and microprocessor
■ Glass ceramic cooktop: if due to thermal breakage
■ Electronic controls
■ Magnetron tube
■ Sealed gas burners
if yours is covered call the number and set up a service call through Jen Air,
the part is $351.90 @ sears. as far as cost to send someone out your probably looking at about $120.00 for service and labor. plus part. your husband can probably replace this himself. as far as the 30 day unlimited I'm not sure how that works, i just answer questions. heres a diagram of the range if that helps. the control is part # XXXXX I hope this helps. thanks Bryan, P.S. if you call Jenn Air they may supply the part at not cost.