Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

we have a jenn air jgs9900bds model 14864749lx serial number

we have a jenn air jgs9900bds model 14864749lx serial number 2007 gas down draft oven whose electrical panel has gone out. The stove top continues to work but the only electronic display says the day of the week.

I have seen many complaints from owners trying to get this situation repaired and honestly am nervous about losing time and money. The service repair centers that Jenn Air recommended have spotty customer service recommendations.

Any one know someone in Atlanta that services 30315 area who has dealt with this situation. I would love to be able to cook a cake for one of my students by next week.
thanks dana marie
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

the problem is the electronic control itself. Main Product Viewif you call Sears they have it in stock. heres a link to the part. control as far as techs go its best to check the BBB for complaints before calling someone. we see this a lot.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bryan,

My husband is a design builder and is very skilled. Is this a repair that requires someone

Specialized in Jenn Air stoves? It was a big investment for us and we don’t want to sacrifice

Any warranty left on the oven.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

is this still under warranty? heres the warranty info.

SECOND THROUGH FIFTH YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY ON CERTAIN COMPONENT PARTS

In the second through fifth years from the date of purchase, when this appliance is operated and maintained according to instructions

attached to or furnished with the product, Jenn-Air will pay for factory specified parts for the following components (if applicable to the

product) if defective in materials or workmanship:

ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM WARRANTY

This limited warranty does not cover:

1. Service calls to correct the installation of your major appliance, to instruct you on how to use your major appliance, to replace or

repair house fuses, or to correct house wiring or plumbing.

2. Service calls to repair or replace appliance light bulbs, air filters or water filters. Consumable parts are excluded from warranty

coverage.

3. Repairs when your major appliance is used for other than normal, single-family household use or when it is used in a manner that is

contrary to published user or operator instructions and/or installation instructions.

4. Damage resulting from accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, fire, flood, acts of God, improper installation, installation not in

accordance with electrical or plumbing codes, or use of consumables or cleaning products not approved by Jenn-Air.

5. Cosmetic damage, including scratches, dents, chips or other damage to the finish of your major appliance, unless such damage

results from defects in materials or workmanship and is reported to Jenn-Air within 30 days from the date of purchase.

6. Any food loss due to refrigerator or freezer product failures.

7. Costs associated with the removal from your home of your major appliance for repairs. This major appliance is designed to be

repaired in the home and only in-home service is covered by this warranty.

8. Repairs to parts or systems resulting from unauthorized modifications made to the appliance.

9. Expenses for travel and transportation for product service if your major appliance is located in a remote area where service by an

authorized Jenn-Air servicer is not available.

10. The removal and reinstallation of your major appliance if it is installed in an inaccessible location or is not installed in accordance

with published installation instructions.

11. Major appliances with original model/serial numbers that have been removed, altered or cannot be easily determined. This warranty

is void if the factory applied serial number has been altered or removed from your major appliance.

The cost of repair or replacement under these excluded circumstances shall be borne by the customer.

DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF REMEDIES

CUSTOMER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR AS PROVIDED

HEREIN. IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE,

ARE LIMITED TO ONE YEAR OR THE SHORTEST PERIOD ALLOWED BY LAW. JENN-AIR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL

OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. SOME STATES AND PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF

INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LIMITATIONS ON THE DURATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF

MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS, SO THESE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES

YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR PROVINCE

TO PROVINCE.

If outside the 50 United States and Canada, contact your authorized Jenn-Air dealer to determine if another warranty applies.

If you need service, first see the "Troubleshooting" section of the Use & Care Guide. After checking "Troubleshooting," you may find

additional help by checking the "Assistance or Service" section or by calling Jenn-Air. In the U.S.A., call 1-800-688-1100. In Canada,

call 1-800-807-6777. 9/07

■ Electric element

■ Touch Pad and microprocessor

■ Glass ceramic cooktop: if due to thermal breakage

■ Electronic controls

■ Magnetron tube

■ Sealed gas burners

if yours is covered call the number and set up a service call through Jen Air,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
so how much is the circuit part?
do you know if it is readily available?
how much time to repair?

if we go with jenn air tech about how much would you charge for this situation?

it sounds like it is a generic part not specific to jenn air

do you recommend the free unlimited appliance offer for the first 30 days that keeps
coming up on this website

thanks bryan, just trying to get all my questions asked so my husband doesn't think i wasted our $30.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

the part is $351.90 @ sears. as far as cost to send someone out your probably looking at about $120.00 for service and labor. plus part. your husband can probably replace this himself. as far as the 30 day unlimited I'm not sure how that works, i just answer questions. heres a diagram of the range if that helps. the control is part # XXXXX I hope this helps. thanks Bryan, P.S. if you call Jenn Air they may supply the part at not cost.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks bryan
will this all come through as an email so that i can give to my husband?
if not
can i forward this information to his email?
dana
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
you can send him a link and give him your password XXXXX user name and he can sign on and look at it. thats all I can do. thanks and very best wishes. Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.