Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My electric Maytag Neptune dryer is squeaking alot. Any ideas

My electric Maytag Neptune dryer is squeaking alot. Any ideas on how to fix?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

can you get us the full model # ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not a home at the moment.
okay if you get me the model # XXXXX I can look up the correct support wheels and pulley for this. its one of the two thats causing this, I can also get you some diagrams to help.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I took off the door and front, and all I could see was one big belt going around the center and a wheel on each side of the back. I couldn't hear where the sqeaking was coming from. Is there a way to lubricate any of these parts and with what?

well lubricating these wont help for long unfortunately. most likely one of the wheels is bad, you can try going to lowes and getting some spray lithium grease and spry the wheels although it probably wont last to long doing that before it squeaks again.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Can/how I order the wheels and how in the heck would I replace them? Is this real hard?

well its a little difficult to replace these but without a model # XXXXX cant be sure which wheels yours takes, they have different wheels depending on the model, there are these. Main Product Viewand these. and they are different.