Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag 3000 series washer. The machine control board

Customer Question

I have a Maytag 3000 series washer. The machine control board is prior to series 17.
It had the classic door lock wax motor failure coupled with the R11 and Q6 failures.
I replaced the R11, Q6, and wax motor. The soldering tests ok with the ohm meter.

For some reason the wax motor does not actuate when installed in the washer. A voltmeter shows 120v at the wax motor lugs. However, the motor actuates when connected directly to 120v from a wall outlet.

Also, I jammed in a piece of cardboard to press the "door lock spin enable switch," yet the washer doesn't spin.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Nick
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

is it a new wax motor?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

New wax motor. Black tip.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
well I can tell you that repairing these boards doesn't usually work. they sell the kit to fix them but your lucky if one out of 10 works at all. your model # XXXXX XXXXX can you get me the rest?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your prompt help, Bryan, 10-4 on the green button.

Model #...of the washer?

I've got the machine control board right with me.

But I need to go check the washer itself.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay when you can get the full model # XXXXX post back.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
MAH3000 AWW
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay great, the problem is they did a chance to the older than the 17 series and have added a jumper wire with the kit. I realize how expensive these control boards are but you will need to replace the board to repair this unfortunately. there is a difference between the 12001725 (yours) and the 22002988 which is used in the 17 series and later.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm not sure of the significance of the picture of board you sent.

Also, just to make sure what my board is.

In the upper right corner are two numbers:

6-2707700

00N20040303

And in the upper left corner the number:

60C20040105

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
well I was just showing you the board with the jumper that needs to be installed with the new board, the part # XXXXX sent you is the new replacement board assembly that replaces yours. the # XXXXX on yours are not the part #.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So I need to order the 22002988?

I apologize for the delay in my response. I've got a slow computer. Probably need to ask an expert about it too :)

Thanks for your help.

Nick

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
yes thats correct, have a great day, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What happens if I find a old board, like the one I have already? This first board lasted something like 13 years.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
well that would work but I would make sure its new. also make sure you use the new wax motor.