Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE side by side model # XXXXX BS Serial# XXXXX a

I have a GE side by side model # XXXXX BS Serial# XXXXX
a few weeks ago we noticed water on the floor - it went away, then happened again.
The icemaker stopped working 3 days ago and now the freezer side isn't freezing - the temp is 36 degrees (temperature dial is at coldest)

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

the reason the ice maker stopped working is because the freezer needs to be between 0° and 8° in order for it to run, so as the temperature rose the ice maker will be the first thing to stop, a couple of things I need to know, if you look behind your food in the freezer on the back wall is there any Frost on that panel behind your food?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello Bryan

There isn't any frost on the panel
Okay the problem is gonna be your main control board then,this is located on the back of the refrigerator if you pull away from the wall, there will be an 8 x 10" panel on the back of the refrigerator, the board is behind this panel, you will need to replace it, you can order it at the following link if you wish, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Board/WR55X10942/1531075?modelNumber=GSL25JFPABS GE has redesigned these boards this is the latest board they come out with for your refrigerator the part number is XXXXX in case you want to check around for a better price, sometimes you can find these a lot cheaper on sale on line, it's pretty simple to replace and it comes with instructions, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I read somewhere that GE was covering the replacement of these boards even out of warranty?
Well they were but I'm not sure whether yours is covered are not, they actually tried to get out of replacing them on a lot of these, you can call GE service and see but I wouldn't get my hopes up, the best thing to do is to contact GE and see whether they will replace it for you because this is an expensive part unfortunately, I hope this helps, thanks, Bryan