Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE front load washer model WCVH6800J1WW that is pausing

Customer Question

I have a GE front load washer model WCVH6800J1WW that is pausing during any cycle I run with or without clothes. I have cleaned the pump filter and found nothing inside. I have unplugged the machine for 30 minutes and restarted in hope of it resetting something, but that didn't work either. Help please
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The unit pauses if it thinks the door has come open. If the door is definitely securely locked shut and it's still pausing, you need to order and replace your door latch assembly because it's beginning to fail.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't think that is the issue, because I can push the start button and it will continue with the cycle (with or without clothes). I eventually have to change the selection to drain and spin, which will finish it up without pausing.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
then the only other reason it would stop would be if there are too many suds in the washer. It won't display "Pause" or anything like that, the display time will just start blinking.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Display sign does not blink. It will pause even when I try a different cycle with no soap in the machine. How much should an assembly be and is this a do it your self repair? Is there a youtube video for this unit?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
no, there is not a youtube video for this unit. You need to order the part in the link below to fix the issue. To access and replace this part, just remove the door gasket out of the way so you can reach behind the front panel to remove the latch assembly. There is a wire retaining ring around the front lip of the rubber gasket. Just use a flat head screwdriver to pry this ring off and then push the gasket out of your way to reach behind and replace the latch assembly. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the link. I just ordered the part. Hopefully it will do the trick.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
no problem and good luck to you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just installed the part you said would fix my problem. However the washer is still pausing on its own. Please advise
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I suppose I would replace the control board then because it's just not reading latch assembly properly.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is the part number and how much is it? Is this a do it yourself project?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Below is a link to the part you'll need to order, and I would call a technician to replace the part, but that's up to you if you think your really handy or not.

CLICK HERE