Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

ge dishwasher purchased july 22nd 2010 dishwasher ge glc4100nww our

Customer Question

ge dishwasher purchased july 22nd 2010
dishwasher ge glc4100nww
our dishwasher panel lights will not come on to operate the dishwasher. i have checked the power in the wall outlet and it is ok. it worked fine until this morning although on 1 other day weeks ago the same happened and we let it sit for an hour and then it worked fine until today. is there a FUSE IN THE DISHWASHER OR WHAT MIGHT THE PROBLEM BE.
I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING IN THE MANUAL BUT NOTHING HAPPENS. WE ARE FAR FROM ANY SERVICE SO NEED YOUR HELP AS WE LIVE IN CANADA
BLAIR BUSTARD [email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. Lets get started.

There is no fuse in this, however there is a door interlock switch which controls power to the main board, you need to check this switch, here is a link on how to test it, there is a video there to show you, you can also order it there if needed, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Interlock-Switch/WD21X10224/1168295?modelNumber=GLC4100NW if the switch checks out in you're getting power to the board than the control is bad, the side I gave you above is for the interlock switch, is one for all the parts although I do not believe they ship to Canada the part numbers are there so you can check suppliers in Canada. His that link, http://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts?s=t-glc4100nww-%3d%3de