Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My kenmore front loading washer will not drain, I have run

My kenmore front loading washer will not drain, I have run a cleaning cycle with clorox cleaning product, but I think it started the load of towels before that, that were very wet when complete. I think there may be a clog, since I tried moving it and shaking the drain tube and some icky water came out. Please advise if I can remove the hose and unclog or something? Thanks, Marcia
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Can you get me the full model number inside the door ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
model 417.44142400 there is a buzzing sound too when it is supposed to drain.
thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay if you hear a buzzing sound when it's supposed be draining you either have something stuck in your drain pump which is kinda common on these or your pump has failed, which you need to do is remove the front access panel under the door by removing screws number 18 on this diagram, there are two, once the panel is off remove the hoses on the pump and check check for an obstruction in the pump, if there is no obstruction then you will need to replace the pump, usually however a coin or something gets down in the pump and stops it from running, here is a link to order the pump if needed, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drain-Pump-and-Motor/137108000/1467804?modelNumber=417.44142400