Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

Maytag oven

My maytag convection oven tells me "feature not available" when I try to start the oven. I unplugged it to reset the controls and then it let me start the oven, but it turned on the broiler instead of the lower oven. When I cancelled the operation it went back to "feature not available" error. What can I do to fix? We had a cleaning person in yesterday, they must have hit or did something wrong while cleaning it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
Hi ...My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you on your repair today...If by chance the self clean was used..Then this means the ovens computer is damaged unfortunately..From what you are explaining the problem points directly to a faulty computer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The self clean was not used, so what could he have done while cleaning the inside or face of the oven to damage the computer? Any chance something could just have been knocked loose somewhere?

No chance of something loose...If water gets into the face of the unit then yes it will damage the membrane or computer..If this is the case unplug the unit...let it sit over night to dry out..You can also use a hairdryer to warm the area which will dry it out..Theres a 50/50 chance of damage when this has happened..