Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

my GE washing machine is locked. How can I unlock it Thank

my GE washing machine is locked. How can I unlock it? Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 3 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using our service. I will be helping with all my 30 years of training and knowledge to help you

press and hold the end of cycle button for 10 seconds
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Where is the end of the cycle button please?
tell me what all the buttons on the panel say from left to right please
Lock
You can lock the controls to prevent any
selections from being made. Or you can
lock the controls after you have started a
cycle.
Children cannot accidentally start the washer
by touching pads with this option selected.

To lock the washer, press and hold the lock button for 10 seconds. .

To unlock the washer controls, press and hold the lock button for 10 seconds.

The control lock icon on the display will light up when it is on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Power,start/pause, lock button, delay start. Under thus it says different cycles like whites; then extra rinse soil level, spin speed,wash temp
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do not have children. Lock light is on. I did not lock it. It came on. I have pushed lock button with no luck.
did you hold the lock button down for 10 seconds and the light did not go out?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Correct.
you will have to replace the control board, part number WH12X10355 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you ,, thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I appreciate all your time. I wonder though if it would cost me less to buy a new washer. If this is not going to fix the problem.
thats up to you ,, the board cost about $188 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you
there anything else i can help with today
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service