Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Neptune, about 10 years old. Not spin drying...clothes are

Neptune, about 10 years old. Not spin drying...clothes are pretty wet at end of cycle. Maybe water didn't get pumped out. Symptom though is wet clothes at end of cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Can you get me the full model number of this unit?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Where is the #? Nothing inside the door.
If it helps there is no water in the drum. There is water between the door and the drum.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Look along the top of the control panel, as if you were looking over the back of the machine there should be a model number tag on the left side I believe,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
MAH 4000 AWW
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay along that control panel along the very top this should be screws unplug the washer and remove those screws, then you can tip the control panel forward so you can see this, this is your control board, you need to check this control board thoroughly for burnt resistors on the board, ,Machine control board. *Burned resistor on board indicates another problem within the machine, this is the most common issue on your machine and all almost bet you'll find the board has burned 2 resistors on that, let me know when you have that done, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What is your wild educated guess as to the cost of repair. We are 10 miles out of town.
Is it fatal? Better to replace? Contrary to most peoples experience with this model ours has been ok. My sister in law got rid of hers at 2 years. She also has more money than me.
If I did replace what is your recommendation? Reliability, clean clothes, front load are my priorities. I do not care about bells and whistles. I don't use them. Warm water or cold water and that is about it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Well if the board is bad it's very expensive, $270.00 approximately plus you will need to replace the wax motor in the door switch assembly, this is the cause for that issue and if you don't replace it you are going to burnout the new board, the wax motor is only around $14.00 though, there are other things that will go wrong with this machine like the motor and motor control board which is a whole separate issue, as far as front loads go if you replaced it you would still have electronics and it that can go, they all have electronics nowadays and you can't get away from it, so if you would a repair this yourself you looking at about $300 in parts with the tax and shipping, the board is not hard to change the wax motor is a little more difficult so it depends on your skill level as far as repair goes, if you would have a technician out to fix this it's probably gonna run you $400, if you were going to buy a new one I would probably recommend whirlpool duet but not the new steam type ones just a regular front load duet. I hope this information is helpful, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.