Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a whirlpoos stam washing machine giving an error Suds

Customer Question

We have a whirlpoos stam washing machine giving an error Suds and then F35 and stops the cycle. We had a repair person replace the pump for almost $500 and its still making the same error.
When we get F35, we unplug and start again and it goes through the cycle. We have tried to run the machine with a hot wash cycle empty but after 10 tries, we still have the same problem. Any thoughts from you would be very much appreciated.
Sincerely
Randy Katz
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Hi Randy, do you have the full model number?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Bryan,
Sorry but I dont have the full model number Its a whirlpoos front loader on the front of the machine is simply says steam. Where would I find the model number?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
If you open the door there will be a tag with the full model number, someone charge you $500 to replace this pump,?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Bryon,
Yes, the bill was almost 500 and it isnt yet repaired. I will not be able to get the model number until tonight when I get home. I'm in the office right now. How do I proceed from here to maintain contact with you.
Best
Randy
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
While that was a lot of money for $135 pump, that means they charged almost $300 labor, it must have been Sears or A&E which is one of the same, at any rate when you get home just come back on here and sign back in and send me a reply, it will automatically be sent to me and I will look up the part you need which is going to be the pressure switch, otherwise known as the water level switch, this is what senses how much water goes into the machine and it's a very common failure and will give you the F 35 code, let me know tonight the model number and I will be glad to look that up for you, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Bryon,
The model number of the machine if WFW9600TA00
Many thanks for your thoughts on this problem.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Best
Randy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Many thanks for your answer.
Best
Randy
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
your welcome Randy. have a great day, Bryan