Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi, I have Whirlpool Duet laundry system and I am soooo disappointed

Customer Question

Hi, I have Whirlpool Duet laundry system and I am soooo disappointed in the washer. It is so water effecient that it hardly puts any water in the tub to wash clothes and no matter what detergent is used, the clothes end up being dingy and whites are gray. I've had the washer a couple of years now and unless there is some way to get more water into this machine, I will never buy a whirlpool again or probably never buy a frontloader again, as well.
Is there any way that the amount of water going into the tub can be increased? There is no way clothes can get clean without more water than what my machine puts into the tub!
Thank you.
My e-mail address XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Has this done this since you got it ? Can you get me the model number also? It should be right inside the door when you open thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The model number on the washer door is

WFW92005Q02

I am looking for the "green" accept button, button, but don't see it. I did not want to subscribe to any year long membership, but do not mind paying for this information if you can tell me how to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Linda

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes this has been this way since it was purchased new (from Lowes) - it was a few years ago - don't remember exactly when.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I lost my Internet connection. Okay so this has been doing this from the beginning ? How is the water pressure to the machine? Are you able to take the hoses off and get a bucket and then turn the water valves on and check the pressure?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The water pressure should be fine, however, I can't get to the hoses and valves myself to do as you have suggested. I will have to wait until my husband gets home (which won't be until later in the afternoon) to help with that - the washer/dryer are in a "cubby hole" and the untits are on pedastals.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
no problem, talk later Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry I hadn't gotten back to you. The water pressure is fine at the washer and the r est of the house. My husband believes that this washing machine is so "water efficient" that it just won't pump enough water in it to even clean well. I thought maybe there might be an adjustment or something on the machine that could be changed so more water would enter the tub. Apparently, there is no low, med, or high for water level like the old washers had - it supposedly "knows" how much water to put into the tub.

I haven't checked the "Accept Answer" as of yet, because I haven't gotten a satisfactory answer to my problem.

Thanks.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
unfortunately there is no water adjustment in these machines. these are electronic and fill by a flow meter and water level control but they are not adjustable. sorry, and actually if this takes to long to fill because of low water pressure the machine will stop and give a fault code, if you haven't seen a code the level is correct. I wish I could tell you its possible to adjust but its not. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Bryan:

Apparently the only resolution to my dissatisfaction with the Whirlpool (Duet) washer not having enough water in it, is to get another washer because it just doesn't wash well with so little water in it and according to what you've told me, there is no adjustment to increase the amount of water in the tub.

As far as rating your service answewrs, I didn't think you were really familiar with these "water" efficient machines if you had to ask me about the water pressure, etc., because apparently all the front loaders (and some top loaders) have this thing about "saving water" and without more water, clothes just aren't going to be clean or rinse well of soap/chemicals well no matter what you do! So I don't know how to rate that.

So there is nothing else I need to know. You can stop sending me e-mails now. If I need any fruther assistance in that area or any other areas, I'll let you all know.

Thanks again,

Linda Lautenschlager