Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kitchenaid oven - the off button has not worked for

I have a Kitchenaid oven - the off button has not worked for a while - we set the timer to shut the oven off. Now I have a F2 E O error code and most of the keypad will not work. I have shut off the power and it resets for a moment. Then when you try to use the oven the code comes back up. I also pressed the "3" key for a while and nothing happened.
The stove works fine - can I replace anything myself to remedy this? We had a tech come over and he was a little nuts to put it mildly. So if I can replace parts to fix this I will give it a try.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

here is the code meaning.

F2 - E0Shorted keypadReplace Electronic Range Control/Clock(ERC)
do you have the full model # ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The code is F3 E0

I don't have the model # XXXXX

okay sorry above you stated F2E0 below is the other code

F3 - E0Oven temperature sensor or oven temperature sensor fuse openedReplace oven temperature sensor or fuse
you will need to replace the oven temperature sensor (probe) if you can get me the model # XXXXX can look this up for you,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is this the model #(NNN) NNN-NNNN
that may be part of it but not all, is this a free standing range or wall oven ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
free standing range
okay open the drawer if there is one and look there for a tag.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'm leaving work now and won't be home for a few hours. Please send an e-mail and I'll get the info to you tomorrow.

just come back here and reply. I will receive it. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I looked all over the range for a model # XXXXX could not find it.

Do you know where it might be, not in drawer or on the oven door.

Is this gas or electric?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
gas with an electric ignition and combo gas and electric burner for broiling
does the top lift up?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't think so, I will check when I get home tonight. I have cleaned the top and can't see how it would.
Okay so this has sealed burners is that correct? I'm really shooting in the dark here without a full model number, let me know what you can find when you get home, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

top is black glass - sealed.

This is frustating - I just want to use the oven again.

I understand how frustrating it is but I cannot look up your part without the full model number and the number you gave me does not bring up, where did you get the number you gave me? Was it on a book?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will look for the paperwork tonight, I thought they would put the # XXXXX on the range so you could find it.
Well it usually is on the range usually in the drawer not on the drawer itself but on the front leg of the side of the range but you can see this was you open the drawer usually I don't know why yours is not there most are, let me know if you find something thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

I found the model # XXXXX

I hope this helps.

okay great. heres the sensor, this is what it says is the problem, you can click this link for a video on how to test it, you can also order it there. this is inside the oven sticking through the back wall, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there are numbers on the key pad that do not work and the off button hasn't worked for a couple of years -- will this fix that problem also?
No that's probably the keypad itself, it seems as if you had a lot of problems in this oven, but the code refers to the sensor but as far as the keypad goes you will probably need to replace that, on your model number it seems you are missing the last couple of digits, click this link and take a look at the model numbers see which one is yours, then you can order the keypad, I'm not sure which color your keypad is,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

I ordered the keypad and sensor

I hope this works.

it should work fine, thanks Bryan