Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I left my freezer (Amana ARB1914C and 17C) slightly open all

I left my freezer (Amana ARB1914C and 17C) slightly open all night. I shut the drawer this morning about a half hour ago and it's still running. How long will it run and have I damaged it. It feels cold but the ice cream is not frozen. Thanks
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

you haven't a damaged this unit , this will however take around 24 hours to stabilize, this will have to run through a through a couple of defrost cycles also which is automatic. so if you keep the doors shut as much as possible over the next 24 hours the will recover on its own.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

So will it run continuously for 24 hours?

well this will shut off around every 8 hours for a defrost cycle, this may recover faster than 24 hours but according to the factory they tell you 24 hours, most likely less though since this isn't warm . just let it run and it will take care of itself. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks Bryan, I feel better already.....
no problem, we see this a lot, have a great day, thanks Bryan