Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Neptune mdg4000bww dryer. The gas ignites when the

I have a Neptune mdg4000bww dryer. The gas ignites when the unit is started cold.
Once the thermostat turns off the gas, it doesn't reignite and there is a clicking sound
which stops when the thermostat/temperature slider is put in the lowest position.
If allowed to cool, the dryer heats again. I suspect the solenoid coils but I'd like confirmation from someone who knows what they're doing before ordering a pair.
Corollary question- the dryer is in a very tight space and pulling it out is a big pain in
the,, neck. I don't have a service manual. I hope you'll tell me that whatever
problem I have, I can reach the part from the front of the machine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

your issue is your gas valve solenoids, you will need to replace them, these are not expensive and are real simple to replace and you can get to them from the front of the machine, these are the solenoids, if you give me a few minutes I will come back and give you a link to a you can purchase them also at this link I'm going to give you there is a video that shows you how to replace them, I will be back shortly, thanks, Bryan

Actually I have the link here is, just click that blue link it will take you to the video and the parts, thanks