applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.
9557001

My Maytag Neptune washing Machine is leaking water from the

My Maytag Neptune washing Machine is leaking water from the bottom. What could be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 3 years ago.

applianceguy :

Hi, can you give me the model #? Where in the bottom is it leaking?

applianceguy :

Front, back, sides?

Customer:

The Model # XXXXX XXXXX I believe the water is coming from the front and the side.

applianceguy :

You can remove the front panel and watch the washer to see where it is leaking. Unplug the washer. Open the door, and remove the screws holding the door hinges on. Remove the screws oppisite the door hinges. The front panel will now pull off. Ckose the door and run the washer.

applianceguy :

I would be looking at the drain pump and bellows (door seal ) first.

Customer:

I am not quite sure how to do it. Do you mean to pull off the front panel and run the machine?

applianceguy :

Yes, with the door closed.

Customer:

where would the drain pump be?

applianceguy :

To find someone to fix it you call 1-800-688-9900 and they will set you up with a service company in your area.

applianceguy :

On the base pan behind the front panel.

Customer:

I am going to try to remove the panel, will be back in 15mins

applianceguy :

Ok.

Customer:

Hi, I am back. Look like the rubber part has mutiple holes in it. I probably can use a new rubber seal drum.

Customer:

What do I do now? Where do I get the new part?

applianceguy :

The door seal

applianceguy :

?

Customer:

The grey rubber that goes around the front. Is that the door seal?

applianceguy :

Yes, bellows.

applianceguy :

The part # XXXXX XXXXX

Customer:

Great. Do I get that from home depot or any appliance place and how do I replace it?

applianceguy :

Cost around $80.00 at Marcone.com or local Appliance part store.

applianceguy :

They are tricky to replace.

applianceguy :

You pull out the front edge from the front panel and the back edge has a clamp.

applianceguy :

Not much room for your hands.

Customer:

I am pretty hands on. I think I can give it a try otherwise I will take your advice and call the 1-800 #.

Customer:

Thanks youl

applianceguy :

Yes, give it a try, if you cant get it call the phone # XXXXX tell them you have the part.

applianceguy :

You are welcome.

Customer:

If I come across any question at the time I fix it. How do I contact you again or you are done with me this time only?

Customer:

Anyway, if I don't hear from you. I really appreciate your help.

applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience: Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.