Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My dryer does not heat (dry). I have taken apart to the point

My dryer does not heat (dry). I have taken apart to the point of taking the front panel off. I can not figure out how to remove same. There are four clips inside of some type ( two each side ) that I can not figure out how to remove.
Frigidaire Dryer Model FEFB9100ES0
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. Mets get started.

These the clips your talking about ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

How do I unlatch these clips and will that allow me to get the front panel off? These look like the clips.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay all you need to do is take a flat head screwdriver and put it between the front panel and the body of the dryer and pry out, holding onto the front so it doesn't fall, sometimes these clips will pop out of their spots but they just slide on after and are easy to put back on, they are more or less just tension clips that are held in by the tension on the clip itself, it's not too difficult to do and you will see they will come out just go ahead and pry with a flat head screwdriver, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not able to get a screw driver to all of the four because the drum is in the way. I did try prying the top left and it did not disengage. The panel material just bent.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I you doing this from the outside are you trying to go from the inside? You go from the outside and pry them loose, believe me this is how you get those clips loose they kind of snap in the holes, I've done many of these and sometimes they can be tight but they will come out,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I now have the drum removed; is there a check to see what electrical device may be bad? Heating unit or some sensor(s)?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
the first thing you need to check is the element, is it broke ? then you need to check the thermostats for continuity. can you do that?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Your info on how to get the front off the dryer worked and I'm now trying to get the correct electrical thermister from a parts house to see if that solves the no heat problem as your company's personnel directed me. ( the sensor on the blower housing - having a problem getting one, not is stock this is as of 8/13/11).

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
if its the thermistor you need its available, at http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermistor/134587700/1156925