Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Kenmore Elite washer has stalled mid wash cycle now twice.

My Kenmore Elite washer has stalled mid wash cycle now twice. I've gotten it to work by continuing to try to pull it out, restart, etc. What's wrong??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. Lets get started.

I'm not getting this model number to come up, is this a top load or a front load washer?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, if you open the lid and look straight back there will be a tag under the lid with the full model number on it, it should start with a three number prefix like 110, 665, 106, or some other combination, can you see if you can find that, I know what the issue is but I need to look at this, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

YUP. IT'S CS0718516 TYPE 111
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
That's not coming up either, is this a Canadian machine? I can't seem to get this model number to come up, there any other numbers there?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, the send that number again the computer system here has Xed out the number thinking it's a phone number or an e-mail address, try putting a space between each number,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

1 1 0 1 5 9 4 2 4 0 1
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay got it. Your problem is your lid switch,to access this will need to open your control panel, this can be a real pain on this machine however but I will try to show you how to do it, first unplug the machine then you need a real thin putty knife and you have to push the clips in to release the control panel, the clips are number 8 on this diagram, you need to slide your putty knife and between the top and the control panel and push these clips in while tipping the control panel back, the whole control panel will open and flip back on to hinges connected to the back of the patrol panel, from there it's fairly easy there is a plug one 5/16 or 1/4 " screw holding the ground wire to it and you can test this by following the instructions in the video at this link, the lid must be shut when you test this, but I'm extremely confident this is your problem, we change a lot of these, they are plastic and break easily inside, you can also order it at that link I gave you, thanks and best wishes, Bryan