Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My dishwasher does not run anymore; it seems that it is the

My dishwasher does not run anymore; it seems that it is the electronic control board, because some of the buttons work but not the "start" button. It was working every now and then, but now does not start at all.

Model KUDP01IL, purchased in 2002 I think.

Can this be repaired or do I need to replace the whole unit?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

the keypad is the issue, you didn't send the complete model # XXXXX I'm guessing at what color yours is , is it black and look like this? if you open the door and check on the side wall inside there will be a tag with the full model # XXXXX you get that for me?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is model # XXXXX It is stainless steel with a black keypad.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
so is this the keypad?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, that is the keypad
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, the part number for the keypad is,(NNN) NNN-NNNNand if you click this blue link it will take you to where you can order it, control panel the reason I know it's your keypad is because this started intermittently, which means you used to have to push the button several times to get to start and finally it's not responding, this is a common issue and what happens is these are sealed keypads but they do get dirty from the steam coming up through the door, hope this helps thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
One more question: who do I call to install it? a plumber or an electrician? thanks very much for your help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
If you are handy you can probably install it yourself, there are screws along the inside of the door that you need to remove to get to the control panel and change it, the screws are number 8 on this diagram, they run along the top of the door, once you get the screws out you lift the panel slightly up it should come out of the groove of the door, if you don't think you can do this yourself you're better off call appliance service company rather than a plumber or electrician, sometimes electricians and plumbers don't have the knowledge to replace this, it's not really that difficult if you know what you doing, thanks, Bryan