Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I just received a new mylar overlay for my amana range now

I just received a new mylar overlay for my amana range now how do i replace it no direction came with the replacement part
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

is this what your replacing ? Main Product View

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes this is what i need to replace
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, sorry I had to step out for a while but I'm back now. This is pretty simple to replace actually, what you need to do is pull the range away from the wall and remove the back panel on the control panel number 6 on this diagram. Make sure you have the room to pull this out most ranges have a flex pipe on the gas line so you should be a will to move this out just make sure you can and it's suggested you shut the gas off while doing this, once you get that back panel across the control off there will be four screws holding the control in number 5 on the diagram, remove those and the control will then be loose, (make sure the range is unplugged also) once this is off these overlays are stuck on the control, you need to peel it off and then take the backing off the new one and you will see that it sticks right on over the control just like the old one came off, it's not a real difficult job and once you get the control loose from the control panel you will see that you just peel it off, I hope this helps thanks and best wishes, Bryan