Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i have a dryer 6mon. old estate model no.eed44cowqo ser. no.10305429

i have a dryer 6mon. old estate model no.eed44cowqo ser. no.10305429 it was working fine now it is blowing its circute breaker. is it overdrawing too much current ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

How long into the cycle does it go before it trips the breaker? Does it start and run and heat for a while before it trips?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it will not start i press start button breaker trips
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay it sounds like a short in the heater but I can't be sure unless you are able to take this apart check the heater, do you think you can do this? We will have to run through a couple of things to see where the problem is, this is your heater,you will need to take the back of the dryer off to get to this, make sure you unplug it before starting any repair, do you own a voltmeter?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i can" reset the breaker it keeps popping

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
It sounds like you have a short, does the drum turn easily by hand?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes it does
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Well there has to be a short in the dryer, are you able to work on this? Do you have tools to take this apart with? Problem is it's only six months old but I don't believe the warranty runs past 90 days you may need to fix this yourself do you think you to it? I need to know so I can help you further, thanks, Bryan