Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Whirlpool Model WED5790SQ0 will not turn on...

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Most likely you have a blown thermal fuse in this, do you own a voltmeter and know how to check continuity? This is the thermal fuse,let me know if you have a voltmeter, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes I have a voltmeter

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay I'm going to have you checked the part that I showed you above, what you need to do is pull the dryer away from the wall unplug it and take the rear panel off, the thermal fuse will be on the left side when looking from the back on the blower assembly near the bottom, you will see it, take one wire off of it and test it for continuity, if you're not sure how to check this click this blue link and it will show you how to test it, there is a video there you can watch, if that turns out to be good it could be your door switch even though the light comes on it doesn't necessarily mean the door switch is good, we can check that next, let me know how the thermal fuse checks out, thanks, Bryan