Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

water pooling at bottom of frig. Can see orange water stain

water pooling at bottom of frig. Can see orange water stain coming from temperature control device in the cabinet. The black water line hose is on the back of refrigerator. Is there an easy way to unclog this line? Can I disconnect this line from the back of refrigerator or do I need to take off the temperature control box inside the refrigerator to get to it properly?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Yes you can remove the black tube and take it outside use a hose to clean it out, you may need to stick something to there if it's really clogged up and it usually plugs up at the bend in the bottom of the tube, you also want to check the tube that goes into the freezer a black tube connects to, number 315 on this diagram, make sure that's clear if not to do is the inside the freezer behind the back panel this can be a pain you have an ice maker between then take the back panel off, sometimes these will freeze up right underneath the evaporator coils if that's the case then take boiling water and pour over the ice until it all melts and drains freely through the tube.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

How do I remove that black tube from the back of the refrigerator? Can I just pull it out from the back where it connects to the inside of the refrigerator?

yes this just pulls out, this should be a rubber part it's connected to that goes into the freezer, number 315 should be rubber, if there is no clamp around it this should just pull right out, you will probably need to loosen the clamps that hold the tube to the back of the refrigerator so you can slide it down, but these just come right out,