Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

My GE window air conditioner wont turn on using either the

My GE window air conditioner won't turn on using either the touch pad or the remote control. It is not the power source. I already checked that. It just suddenly won't turn on. Was working fine last night. PLEASE HELP!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using our service. I will be helping with all my 30 years of training and knowledge to help you

on the plug on the cord does this one have a reset button on it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, I've already pressed the reset button and it resets (touch pad lights up for a second) but the unit still won't turn on afterwards with either the touch pad or the remote (I already changed the batteries on the remote).
if you cant start it by the touch pad or the remote control and the reset has been done then you have a bad control board and it will have to be replaced, if the ac is less than a year old then it can be fixed in warranty but if over you will have to get one at a local appliance or heat and air parts dealer near you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't know how to replace a part like that. Is it something that would be worth having a repairperson come out and fix for me? Or am I better off replacing the entire unit?
what btu size is it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
BTU = 5200
being only a 5,200 btu i would just replace the ac, it will cost more than its worth to fix it ,,, sorry and hope i didnt make you mad but i dont like to waste money myself