Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

there is water in the bottom of the washer that did not spin

there is water in the bottom of the washer that did not spin out and it is beginning to smell

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Do you have a full model number?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You can't get the model number? You can find it? Try right inside the door and see if there's a tag there, also try along the top of the control as if you are looking over the back of the machine and see if there's a tag there, I really need a model number to look up this machine, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay I got it, when you start this does the door lock and the door lock light come on, on the control panel?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, everything (cycle) works OK, just theres a water swishing noise when I remove the clothes from the washer and spin the tub manually and there is a musty smell
Yeah the musty smell is very common on these the one thing you want to do is clean the boot between the door and the tub, these tend to hold water and soap and get musty smelling, also you will want to use a product called affresh they sell it at all major stores and this really helps clean it out, as far as not spinning out you need to check the main control board in this, it is up in the control unit in the top of the washer, there are three screws along the top you need to remove and tip the control forward. You need to check the board for burnt diodes, look real good and you may find a couple of burnt diodes on this board, let me know and I will tell you where to order a board, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan, I need to get ready for church services now so I need to put this on hold for later this afternoon, can we do this?
I'm sure you can do it, there are three screws along the top of the control panel and then you tip it forward in the board is right there, you could put this off till this afternoon that's fine, I will be on off however because I have to go out and get school clothes for my children Go back next week, but I will be checking my questions and as soon as I get a reply I will reply back to you, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks,,,,I have bookmarked the location and will return later....Tom
okay Tom, talk then.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan, I am back. Is it possable the pump is obstructed and not letting the water completely spin out prior to the unit advancing to the next step in the wash cycle? I am thinking of removing the water pump to check it....Tom
yes that is possible, I would check that also.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The main question is how do I get the excess water drained out of the machine? If I find an obstruction and remove it, should I run the unit thru a cycle to see if it completely drained?
Well what I would do is you already have the front off is that correct? If so what I usually do is pull the machine away from the wall and tip it back to allow the water to go to the back of the main tub, then you can get most of it out with a cup in a bucket, and when you remove the hoses if this is tip back far enough sometimes the water won't come out of the hose much, use caution though sometimes they can be quite a bit of water in here, check and make sure something didn't get in the pump to block some of the water going out, either way you look at it it's a pain