Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Whirpool Duet dryer about 7-years old. This morning

I have a Whirpool Duet dryer about 7-years old. This morning I was drying a load of clothes and paused the cycle to see if the clothes were dry. Now when I turn it back on, it beeps at me and the timer flashes. How do I reset it so I can continue drying?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Can you get me the full model number?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Where would I have to look for this info? My dryer is built in to my countertop and I cannot see the back of the unit.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
This should be a tag right inside the door, usually a white or silver tag with the model number on it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, got it. MOD GEW9200LL1
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay the first thing you want to do is to go to your breaker box and find the breaker for the dryer, shut it off for 5 min. and then turn it back on, open the door and then shut it then turn it on and press start, see if it starts, shutting the power off to it sometimes resets the board, try that and let me know thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It worked! This is a great service!
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay great ! I'm glad you got it going, this is a great service and we work hard to help people on here, it saves you a lot of money on a service call that's for sure, please don't forget to press the accept button if you are happy with my answer, thank you and well wishes, Bryan