william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

Dishwasher will not work, water in bottom of dishwasher, the

Customer Question

Dishwasher: Kenmore Elite Ultra Wash 665.16269400 Water in bottom of dishwasher, the wiring diagram/schematics is missing from area in door, where it was at one time. The dishwasher was repaired by a Sears technician approx. 1 week, after it was installed. Unable to locate the manual & all other paperwork that we had - seems the technician may have taken it with him, when he left.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Thats odd that it was located in the door area? They are normally located behind the toe kick panel. So are you just looking for the manual?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
looking for the manual, or anything that will help with getting the dishwasher to work again. I wanted to troubleshoot and check other items which may not be working, The power from the panel breaker is working and sending 120 V. - up to the machine, and the power is getting to the switch, so I wanted to find other possible item which may be the problem.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
How much water are we talking about? Thats in the bottom of this basin?
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

If you want to fix this yourself heres the manual.You will have to buy it.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Repair-Manual/W10131216/1469112?replacedRCPartNumber=1170643

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello William,

I apologize for the delay with a reply. I was actually washing & drying the load of dishes that was in the dishwasher, it was really late when I finished. Yet, to answer your question, There was a lot of water. The water level was high enough to active the float blub, which must have prevented the water from over flowing & spilling all over the kitchen floor. I didn't think to measure the depth of the water inside the basin. I had to remove the water cup by cup, I never counted the total number of cups - but it took a very long time to get all of the water out. I used a turkey baster to remove the water when it was lower. The baster & a number of old towels removed the rest.

Cathy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello, Are ALL Kenmore dishwashers mfg. by "Whirlpool"? How do I know this is the correct manual? The numbers are different from the numbers that I have on my dishwasher. Is there a cross-reference table or matrix that shows this information? Looking forward to your reply, with any additional information you can provide about this request.

Thank You! Cathy
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

Hey Cathy This is what came up when i punched in your model number. The first 3 numbers of your model number is XXXXX and them are whirlpools numbers so you do have a whirlpool. Need anything else please ask me okay? Thanks.

william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Will,
I will buy the manual, &I do appreciate the help - not that I want to fix the dishwasher myself, but I would just be more comfortable, if I have some kind of document or literature that might help me narrow down the problem. Since the folder that had ALL of the paperwork related to the dishwasher, including the owner's manual is no where to be found - & I have ALL of the owners' manuals,for every other appliance that I have purchased. The wiring diagram was previously inside the sleeve behind the bottom door panel, I call that part a door, but I'm sure most technicians call it a toe panel / or kick plate - I'm 99% sure the Repair person took it with him, when he replaced the heating element, 1 week after it was purchased and installed. The repair manual should help. Thanks again, Cathy
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome Cathy and your right thats what some of them techs do they steal the paper work so the customer has no help if something goes wrong with their machine. Theres alot of info on them papers that a customer can actually fix the appliance themselves without having to make a service call to the techs. Which is not right. They should never do that but we live in a world where that happens.Good luck Cathy and if you need anything just let me know and i will be more than happy to help you.