Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My atlantis gas dryer does not heat. The igniter lights up,

My atlantis gas dryer does not heat. The igniter lights up, but its like there is no gas. There is no flame on the following 'click'. Verified water heater working so gas is on. Any ideas? I have equipment to troubleshoot. Thanks

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

This is a common issue on these dryers, you need to replace your gas valve coils, these are what open the valve, they are solenoids, they are fairly easy to replace, in fact if you go to this link there is a video that shows you how to do it, there are two coils one is a safety and the other is the primary but they come in a set so you need to change the both, the clicking here is probably one opening but not the other, I hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have continuity on the two pin one, and also on the outside two pins of the three pin one. Still sound like its the problem?
Yes it does, you may have continuity but the coils in the solenoids are not strong enough to open the valve, you really can't tell by continuity on these if the flame sensor and the igniter are working which they have to be because the igniter would not light if the flame sensor was bad and that click you hear is the coils trying to open the valve so everything up to that point is working so you definitely need to change these coils, they just get weak and are not able to open the valve, it's a very common issue on these.