Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We are having a party tomorrow and our oven is giving us error

We are having a party tomorrow and our oven is giving us error codes (reset using start button), we have a Whirlpool Accubake oven. We really need this oven to work tonight - appreciate your help....vr/Lorraine
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Can you tell us what error codes you saw? Could you let me know which ones came up?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hey Bryan, the error code ran by to quick to read, but it started with an "M".
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay what is it doing now? Or not doing I should say?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It continued to get hotter so we have unplugged the unit....
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
This is not good, are you saying the temperature just keeps rising and doesn't shut off?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It eventually cools down....wanted to play it safe.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay so it doesn't just keep getting hotter and hotter or you saying it cools down after you unplug it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It will eventually cool down, it just seemed safer to unplug until getting further instructions from you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay well it sounds like the temperature probe may be bad, this is the sensor that senses the temperature, unfortunately you wouldn't be able to get one of those tonight and it's not something you can fix without replacing it, if you can get me the full model number I will look up the part for you though,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Its an Whirlpool Accubake, but no number in front or back, the service document uses an id of W10198585A...
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
If you open the bottom drawer there will be a tag with the full model number on it, can you look there?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Got it...GFE461LVB 0; Serial RY2513137
See we need to call service rep for Monday (if possible)??
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay I'm sorry I was off-line last night, this is the probe, and most likely this is the issue unfortunately like I said you will not get one on the weekend so you probably would be better off calling a technician on Monday, the part however is around $71.00 so you know if that is the issue, the only other issue that could be is the control itself which his a lot more money but I think the probe will take care of it, he will test it and let you know, I hope this helps though, thanks, Bryan